In this post, my dear readers, we will read about the Types of computers and the ability of these computers to work.
To know about different types of computers and to understand them easily, it is necessary to classify computers.
Different types of computers (size, functionality, modernity, features)
Super Computer –
A computer with a working capacity of more than 500 mega flops is called a super computer. They use multi-processing and parallel processing. In these, the information is worked together with the help of a macro processor working in 32 to 64 parallel circuits.
Currently super computers have speeds up to Giga flops and Terra flops. They are used in high-end computational work, molecular modeling, physical simulation simulation, universities, military agencies and scientific research laboratories.
Major Super Computers –
CRAY K 1S, DEEP BLUE, COSMOS, PARAM, ANUPAM, FLO SOLVER, etc. The world’s first super computer is Cray, K, 1S. Which was created by Cray Research Company of America in 1979.
- Deep Blue – This super computer defeated the famous chess player Gary Kasparov. It can think of more than twenty crores of chess in a second.
Five fastest computers in the world
|Fastest Computer Name||Speed (Petaflop)||Country||Founding year|
- Eco Computer – The world’s first Eco computer has been developed in Dublin, Ireland.
Tesla- is the world’s first personal super computer designed by the American company NVIDIA.
World’s first biological computer –
American scientists have claimed to be the world’s first biological computer.
- K. Computer – The Japanese super computer, counting more than 10 quadrillion per second, recorded its own record in October 2011 as the world’s fastest machine.
- Sequoia – The Sequoya computer manufactured by the American company IBM topped the Super computer 500 list released on June 18, 2012. Sequoia will be used in experiments related to the protection of nuclear weapons.
As of November 2014, the list of top 500 super computers includes 9 super computers from India, which have received 71, 131, 149, 155, 163, 167, 206, 219 and 346 rankings respectively.
India’s Super Computer –
India’s first super computer PARAM-8000 is developed in 1990 by C-DAC (Center for Development of Advanced Computing) Pune.
|Sr. No.||Names of indian super computers||Name of manufacturing institution|
|2||PARAM 10000||C-DAC, Pune|
|3||FLO SOLVER||NAL, Banglore|
|7||MULTI MICRO||IIS, Banglore|
Important Institutions for Development of Super computers in India-
- C-DAC (Center for Development of Advanced Computing) Is the most important institution in the development of super computers in India. The super computer developed by it – Param, Param 10000, Param Padam, Param Anant, Param Yuva.
The super series supercomputer named Param-10000 had a capacity of 100 GHz flops (1 trillion counts per second). The credit for its production goes to Vijay Bhaskar, director of C-DAC.
- C-DOT (Center for Development of Telematics) This organization developed a super computer called CHIPP-16.
- DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization)
The section unit of this organization has developed a super computer named (PACE).
4. BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center)
Has developed (Anupam) Series (Teraflops Compute Capacity) supercomputer by this institution based in Mumbai.
- Annapurna – Super computer developed in India – It was unveiled on 31 July 2010 by the then Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission Srikumar Banerjee in the campus of Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai.
Annapurna is the seventh fastest high performance computing (HPC) computer in the country.
- EKA – The super computer developed by Tata Sons, it was ranked 33rd in 2010 in terms of processing. It is the fastest computer in India and ranks first in terms of processing.
Main Frame Computer –
All computers of large size except super computer are called mainframe computers. They typically use 32 to 64 bit micro-processors. More than one person can work on it simultaneously. They are mainly used by large organizations, usually for critical applications such as census, large industry and consumer data, ERP processing and financial transaction processing. Examples – IBM 360, Enium-IV.
Mini Computer –
It is a mediocre multi-user computer, which is less powerful than a mainframe computer and more powerful than a micro computer. It was invented by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) by creating PDP-1. This computer can work at a speed of about 5 to 50 times more than a micro computer. Its data transfer rate is 4 million bytes per second.
- Workstation – This is a high level micro computer. They are mainly used by one person at a time, they are connected to a local network. They are used in banks, railway reservation, aircraft aviation, government offices.
- Micro Computer – A small digital computer whose CPU is based on the design of the microprocessor. It is meant to be used by one person at a time, on the basis of which it is also known as a personal computer.
Its development started in 1970. They are called microcomputers for two reasons- (1) It uses micro processor. (2) It has a micro (very small) size compared to its main frame computer.
It was first developed by IBM Company. Examples- Home use computers, personal computers, lap tops.
Personal Computer(PC) –
This is a microcomputer designed for general tasks at the personal level. It can also be connected to the Internet with the help of a telephone or modem.
Some of the major PC manufacturers are IBM, Lenavo, Apple, Compaq, HP, Zenith, HCL, Acer etc. Personal computer was developed in 1981.
All personal computers of the current generation are named PC-AT (Personal Computer-Advanced Technology).
This is a computer in the shape of a not book, which is used in the lap. That is why it is called laptop.
It has a foldable LCD (liquid crystal display) monitor, keyboard, touchpad, hard disk, floppy disk, CD / DVD ROM etc. It can also be connected to the Internet with the help of WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Notebook computers – These are similar to laptop computers. They can be kept on lap. They are very small in size. These computers can be carried easily anywhere. These are expensive computers. They consist of CPU, key board, mouse, together. They use batteries for power.
- Palm Top Computer – This is a very small computer. Which can be done by placing it on the palm. Instead of a key board, the voice input is done in it. It can also be used like a phone.
- Tablet computers – These types of computers are very small computers. It is larger than mobile. They use a touch screen for input.
In this way, based on the information given above, we can get information about the type of computer based on the functionality, size, and feature of the computer in different verticals. I hope and believe that from the information given above you Will be satisfied.