In this article, my dear readers, we will read about the Types of computer virus, and how this computer virus affects our computer, how can it steal our personal information and what is this computer virus ?
- Virus- This is a computer program, which enters and destroys or damages its data or other programs by entering the computer system.
These viruses are man-made and enter the memory of various computers by the Internet and destroy them. This reduces the capacity of the disk by entering the boot sector of the hard disk and slows down the working of the computer.
If the virus relates itself to the boot of the computer, then the amount of boot that is given to the computer spreads as much.
.EXE and .SYS etc. are the extended names of program viruses. A virus associated with a program is not activated until the program is run or a boot record is used. The virus enters the computer through infected CDs, DVDs, pen drives, USB HDDs, e-mail, and Internet files.
Types of computer viruses
- Boot Sector – Brain was the first boot sector virus which came in the information in 1986. It is also known as system virus. This virus spreads when computer boots up. The virus occurs in the boot sector of the master boot record of the hard disk or floppy disk.
- File Virus – Such viruses are related to the program file. And as soon as the program is run, these viruses infect the computer’s memory.
- Macro viruses – These viruses are found in application software such as word processing software, spreadsheet software, etc. This virus occurs in a template.
- There are many types of computer viruses, depending on the system of functioning and damage. Examples-
These are such virus programs which are generally useful to see, but they show their effect when a particular event occurs. Such as changing the file allocation table or formatting of a hard disk.
They are connected with a perforated computer program, usually broadcast as a variety of free useful programs, sports programs, through a pornographic video network, fake copies of a popular program. They secretly steal the entire information of the computer on which they live and send it to the person who has installed it in secret.
Malware is an abbreviation for malicious software. They secretly corrupt the programs and materials of the computer and damage them. They enter the computer via internet and email and then make it corrupt.
Worms – Computer Worm is the only malware program that copies to spread itself on other computers. Worms are very difficult to find, as they are invisible files. These computers also cause damage by destroying bandwidth in the network.
Adware is an abbreviation for advertisement software. They are used to display the advertisement of a particular product on the infected computer.
Spyware provides important information of computer, work done by user and interest of user, secretly stole user’s personal information and send it to the person or organization installing spyware, which they use as per their own.
5.Key Logger –
key Logger sends the information of the stroke of every key stroke done on the infected computer, ie, every information written by the keyboard, which has installed the key logger. Due to this, important information of the user, such as password, credit card number, etc., runs the risk of getting the hand of the wrong person or organization.
6. Spam –
Unsolicited or illegally sent messages to many people using computers and the Internet is called spam. This is possible due to the overlapping of subscriptions in the e-mail system.
- Mainly there are advertisements which people generally do not want to see. Therefore, sending it again and again attracts user attention.
- Since the cost of sending spam is borne by the user or service provider. This can be avoided by using spam filters or Anti spam software.
Cookies are software by which a website stores some information on a user’s computer. Cookies work behind the scenes without user knowledge. Through this, the server stores the user’s preferences and the details of the websites he searches on the web browser. If the same user visits the same website again, the server presents its preferences and website through cookies.
Some cookies eliminate privacy by keeping a description of the user’s personal information and web sites visited by him.
- Malisa and SKA – These virus programs spread most often in MS Word and e-spreadsheet files. They make use of the addresses present in Outlook themselves.
- Time and logic bomb – These are viruses that are active at any particular time or action. They do not have to be related to any document or program. This can damage the entire disk.
- Resident virus – It positions itself in the memory of the system and becomes active when the operating system is running and affects all files that are opened. It is hidden in Random Access Memory (RAM).
- Web Scripting Virus – Many websites use hard code to insert interesting lists. It infects these codes.
- Direct Action Virus – This virus occurs in a file and when that file is used, the virus executes itself. This virus infects only those files whose folders (autoexec.bat) are described on the file path.
- Polymorphic virus – It encodes or encrypts itself every time it infects a system. In this way, more and more copies of the virus are generated.
- Multipartite virus – This virus spreads in many ways, such as when operating system is installed, etc. Example- Flip etc.
- Over Right Virus – It deletes the data and information kept in infected files.
- Fat Virus – It is used to collect all types of information about the location of files and the location of unusable memory.
- Stuxnet – This is a computer virus (Windows Warm). Stuxnet was first launched in July 2010 by Belarus’s Internet security company Virus-Block-ADA. Caught. All the computer viruses known so far in front of Stuxnet appear to be very small. It took 10 person-years (10 people to work continuously if it will be made in a year) to create Stuxnet virus. Stuxnet is like a turning point for cyber terrorism.
To protect against the above viruses one should select the Configure Conversion Virus Protection / Save Normal Prompt option present in the Options menu of the tool menu.
In this way, it is also important to know about the Types of computer virus, because the computer user’s invaluable data can be kept safe only if we have information about computer virus. The above information I believe will be useful for you. Thank you